- Hard wearing tungsten carbide sphere (ball) available in five sizes.
- Metric Ø12, Ø19, Ø25 mm
- Inch: Ø¾ and Ø1 inch
- Sphericity: to within 0.1 µm (0.00004 in)
- Diametric tolerance: ± µm (0.00004 in)
- Adaptor available for twin ball applications (Optional)
- Quick and easy adjustment to set ball stem over a wide range of probe datuming angles.
This enables datuming above, centrally and below the ball. The hand adjustable pivot joint
enables stem rotation through 360 in the horizontal plane, and ±45 in the vertical plane.
- Each datum sphere is supplied with its own certificate, giving ball diameter and
roundness. All sphere measurements performed on equipment traceable to UK (NPL) standards.
- The actual diameter of each ball is engraved on the ball stem. Metric or inch dimensions
are given, dependant on type.
- A vertical positioning feature provides positive feel when the stem arrives in vertical
- Vertical height from table to centre of all ball sizes is approximately 173mm (6.82 in).
An optional pillar extension increases height to 248mm (9.76 in).
UNIVERSAL DATUM SPHERE KIT
- One Datum Ball (selected by size)
- Pivot pillar
- 'C' Spanner
- Ball Certificate
- Storage Box
- $473 each
- you select the thread size
A fixing stud is required with each kit to attach pillar to table
surface. Fixing studs are included in each datum shere kit, but you must specify the